Thursday, September 23, 2010

1st Fall Running Series 5k Results


The weather was perfect for the first fall 5k, which turned out to be the "Double Trouble" course and consisted of 2 laps. We had 26 runners, with Owen Azevedo winning in a time of 19:23.


I really enjoyed the course and it tripped up a few runners who went out too fast in the first lap. For example, from my vantage point I noticed Owen's strong second lap was the difference in his race with Sean for first. Normally the guy going out too fast would be me, but I somehow paced myself properly for a change. In my area in the race Rob started off rather quickly, giving me some concerns we would have a close fight for 4th, but I slowly pulled away after about a lap.

Another nice point about this event was that we had a lot of new runners, including at least 3 who had never run a 5k before. Many congratulations go to them as that is such a wonderful milestone to be proud of. And if nice weather, a good turnout, and a fun course wasn't enough, I made sure everyone at the event has received one of the club racing shirts. If you don't have one yet then come on out to the next event.

Speaking of which, next race on October 30th!

No comments: